Hanging belly or apron belly is that excess layer of fat that hangs like an apron from the tummy and prevents you from wearing your favorite outfit or fitting into an old pair of jeans. Women who have undergone Cesarean section may feel it is completely normal for the belly to protrude, but it’s not! Apron belly is also called pannus stomach and it predisposes a person to develop lifestyle disorders such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. Since spot reducing fat is still a myth, reducing overall body fat is the only solution to get rid of apron belly. Right nutrition and consistent exercise can help you achieve a slim silhouette, and also reduce the excess layers of fat from the belly area. Many people think coolsculpting and surgical removal are the only ways to get rid of the paunch, but the truth is, dieting and exercise can get the job done. If you are wondering why those infinite number of crunches that you have been performing every single day are not showing results, we would like to clear that crunches and other ab exercises can just strengthen the ab muscles, but for them to show from underneath, the fat above has to melt away. The truth is the our body burns fat from all over the body without any bias towards any particular area, and it does not help that fat around the belly area is also called “stubborn” because it is highly resistant to the fat-burning process. However, in this post, we list down 10 ways to reduce and get rid of apron belly for a slimmer frame and healthier you.
1. Start on the Right kind of Weight Loss Diet: As we have mentioned above, the body does not show any bias in burning fat, and that’s why we should focus on following the right kind of diet that would put us in calorie deficit, so that fat all over the body is targeted, including belly fat. Check out the weekly diet programs on the Rati Beauty app to find out how to lose weight Laser
2. Ab Exercises Do Help: Have you heard this before, “abs are made in the kitchen, but they are defined in the gym?” Yes, dieting helps to melt away the fat, but to define those ab muscles, you need to do core strengthening exercises such as bicycle Crunches, flutter kicks, scissor kicks, etc. Read about 5 Easy Exercises to Lose Belly Fat and Define Your Waist at Home.
3. Plank Away: Elbow and side planks are the most popular exercises if you want to get a flat tummy within a short period of time. Doing a side plank and elbow plank on a daily basis and for just one minute each will ensure you have a strong ab without any jiggly fat. Along with targeting abdominal muscles and the core, plank exercises also boost metabolism and stamina, so there’s no reason why you should not be planking. 4. Keep Insulin Spikes in Check: Belly fat can be a sign of insulin resistance. Insulin is a hormone that not only regulates blood sugar levels, it is a fat-storage hormone, leading to weight gain. Increased consumption of sugar and refined carbs can trigger insulin spikes that directs all the excess calories to be stored as fat, particularly around the belly area. Cutting down on sugar and refined carbs can push the body to utilize fat cells from the hanging belly as energy to run its daily activities. 5. Say no to Transfat: Transfat is commonly found in fried food, packaged baked items, highly processed food, and margarine which many people wrongly assume to be healthy! It’s high time when we think twice before including transfat rich food in our daily diet that can not only put your health at risk, they can also stop you from losing weight even though you might slog it out in the gym for hours. An interesting fact is that transfat can actually move fat from other areas of the body to the belly area! 6. Drink at Least 2 Liters of Water: When you are dehydrated, various chemical reactions including the fat-burning process slows down, and that’s why it’s important to drink at least 2 liters or a minimum of 8 glasses of water each day so that all the processes inside the body run smoothly. We often replace plain water with calorie-rich fruit juices or soda, and instead of hydrating the body, they often create surplus calories which get converted and stored as fat inside cells. Lack of water also affects the release of human growth hormone (HGH) which binds to the fat cells, breaking down stored fat, and mobilizing them. Also, the activity of lipase enzyme, that is necessary to metabolize fat slows down with dehydration.
7. Boost Metabolism: A robust metabolism is the engine that torches up calories in the body, and if the metabolism becomes sluggish, the hanging belly wouldn’t budge. Read about “9 Ways to Boost Metabolism to Shed Weight.”
8. Increase Calcium-Rich Food: Calcium is an essential nutrient that is needed in optimum amount for strong bones and muscle strength, but do you know, it can help in weight loss in more than one ways. Calcium can help burn fat and that too belly fat! There’s a lot of research to back the theory that calcium increases breakdown of fat in the bloodstream and preserves thermogenesis, accelerating the weight loss process.
9. Have Protein-Rich Food: Protein induces thermogenesis and require more time and energy to digest, so the body uses up more calories to digest it. Also, protein keeps you fuller for longer, preventing frequent hunger pangs and cravings.
10. HIIT: HIIT refers to high-intensity interval training exercises which helps to burn fat in minimum time. It is a combination of high and medium intensity exercises where your body picks up more calories to burn without burning muscle. HIIT puts your body into an “afterburn” process where it continues to burn calories long after you have finished exercising! Also, no equipment is required to do HIIT exercise and you can do it in the convenience and comfort of your home. Here’s a list of 10 Fat Burning Exercises That you can Do at Home.
5 Easy Exercises to Lose Belly Fat and Define Your Waist at Home
Do Sit Ups Burn Belly Fat
The post How To Reduce Apron Belly appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.
Hanging belly or apron belly is that excess layer of fat that hangs like an apron from the tummy and prevents you from wearing your favorite outfit or fitting into an old pair of jeans. Women who have undergone Cesarean section may feel it is completely normal for the belly to protrude, but it’s not! The post How To Reduce Apron Belly appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.