There’s a lot of hype around alkaline water with regards to weight loss and overall health, but a lot of experts say it’s just a gimmick. The buzz around alkaline water has received some endorsement from a whole lot of a celebs across the globe, but there aren’t a lot of studies validating the buzz. We all know how important it is to keep replenishing water in the body, drinking at least 8 glasses of water each day to sustain life. Water is an essential nutrient that helps to make you full, boost metabolism, and run all major functions of the body. There are many claims that makers of alkaline water make, from boosting immune system to detoxifying body, and what are more interesting in – aiding in weight loss. In this post, we would like to explore more about alkaline water and the truth behind all these claims. So, let’s get started
What is Alkaline Water?
Alkaline water has a pH level from 7.4 to 9.5. Regular drinking water has a pH level between between 6.5 and 8.5. We consider a pH value of 7 and above alkaline, which means it has more hydroxide ions than hydrogen. For example, a battery has pH level of 0, lemon has pH of 2, and tomato has a pH of 4. Things that have high alkalinity are blood with a pH of 8, baking soda with a pH of 9, and broccoli with a pH of 8, and bleach with pH of 12. Alkaline water has a higher pH level (8/9) compared to plain water (pH of 7) and due to this property, alkaline water claims to neutralize the acidity in your body. Some alkaline water brands also claim to have added minerals and nutrients, but then, if you eat a healthy diet such as on Rati Beauty app, through natural food, there would be no need for additional supplementation through drinking water.
What Does Alkaline Water Claim To Do?
1. Provide better hydration than regular water.
2. Detoxifies body.
3. Balances pH levels.
4. Reduces inflammation.
5. Boosts metabolism.
Alkaline Water vs Plain Water – Which one is Better?
1. They claim cold alkaline water boosts metabolism and trigger thermogenesis, but regular plain water can do the same, so there’s actually no difference here.
2. Claims to Balance Body’s pH Levels: Inflammation, a bad diet, chronic stress, and environmental stressors can increase the acidity in the body, and alkaline water claims to balance out the pH level. But too much alkalinity is not recommended because the digestive system needs to be acidic to break down and digest food, so too much alkalinity can pose problems. In fact, the body maintains an optimum pH balance and flushes out toxins with adequate neutral pH water, extra alkaline water wouldn’t fetch faster results.
3. Claims to Boost Fat Loss: Only a proper diet and exercise routine can burn fat and help shed pounds, and regular drinking water with a neutral pH can keep you hydrated and boost metabolism just the same way. Also, both alkaline and regular water both have zero calories, and can make you full, preventing unnecessary food cravings, so no extra points there for alkaline water.
4. Alkaline Water Rehydrates Faster: They say alkaline water rehydrates body faster than regular water. however, there are no concrete studies to prove this.
5. Increases Blood Viscosity: They also claim that alkaline water makes a difference in whole blood viscosity when consumed after an intense workout.What this means is that it helps blood flow more efficiently and increase oxygen delivery. After a good workout session, we need to get water to the muscles as fast as possible to help them recover and rebuild. Certain studies do point out to an upper hand of alkaline water or regular plain water in this matter.
Summing up, alkaline water is not a magical potion that can solve health issues or help shed weight. There aren’t many studies supporting the superiority of alkaline water over normal drinking water, and drinking plain water with neutral pH will fetch you the same results as alkaline water. Staying hydrated by drinking clean water is more important, and a higher alkaline value really does not make much of a difference. Also, there are a few side effects that can happen with too much alkalinity, and the most important one is that it can lower acidic balance of the body which is needed to fight harmful bacteria and pathogens. Excessive alkaline levels can sometimes lead to metabolic alkalosis. Instead of looking towards processed and bottled alkaline water, the easiest and cost-effective way to make regular water alkaline is by squeezing lemon into a glass of water. Just drink plain water to get all the benefits, and do not limit water consumption to just 8 glasses of water, drink as much as you can.
12 Factors that Can Make you Gain Water Weight
32 Foolproof Fat Loss Tips
The post Can Alkaline Water Help you Lose Weight? appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.
There’s a lot of hype around alkaline water with regards to weight loss and overall health, but a lot of experts say it’s just a gimmick. The buzz around alkaline water has received some endorsement from a whole lot of a celebs across the globe, but there aren’t a lot of studies validating the buzz. The post Can Alkaline Water Help you Lose Weight? appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.