If there’s one golden rule you should absolutely follow if you are trying to lose weight – it’s “drink at least 8 glasses of water each day!” There’s hardly any dispute that drinking water throughout the day helps with weight loss. Plain water affects fat loss in more ways than one – it helps to flush out toxins, has absolutely no calories, boosts metabolism, and keeps hunger pangs in check. Since dehydration also leads to water retention, it can move up the scale much to a dieter’s chagrin. Since the human body is made of approximately 60% water, it thus becomes absolutely essential to run all key functions in the body, from digestion to synthesis of various hormones and fat-burning enzymes in the body. For people exercising on a regular basis, adequate water is important for muscle function and repair, and also to boost the fat-burning process. In fact, do not just limit water consumption to just 8 glasses per day, do drink as much as you can, because someone rightly said, “if you drink a gallon of water per day, you won’t have time for other people’s drama, because you will be too busy peeing!” Since we have all understood the importance of water in weight loss, it would also help a great deal to know the best times to drink water to speed up weight loss.
How Does Water Help with Weight Loss?
1. Suppresses Appetite: When you drink enough water, the stomach expands and the brain senses that the tummy is full, thereby reducing the level of hunger hormone. Also, most of the times, people confuse hunger signals with thirst, and may actually snack on unhealthy foods when in reality, they just need water!
2. Flushes out Toxins: When you drink enough water, the body works really well to flush out toxins, relieving symptoms of bloating, constipation.
3. Speeds up Lipolysis: The fat-burning process is called “lipolysis,” and the first step in this process is “hydrolysis” where water mixes with fat molecules to create glycerol and three fatty acids. It is after this process that the conversion to energy form of the fat occurs.
4. Water makes workout more efficient by regulating body temperature and preventing muscle fatigue. It also prevents dehydration, also lubricates joints, reducing the risk of injuries.
5. Prevents Water Retention: With dehydration comes water retention, and when you drink enough water, the water stores are replenished, and cells do not hold on to extra water.
Best Times to Drink Water to Speed Up Weight Loss:
1. Right After Waking Up: Swap that mandatory cup of bed coffee or tea the moment you wake up with a warm glass of water to activate internal organs and to flush out toxins. Since you wake up dehydrated after a prolonged period of sleep, it needs a good amount of water to rehydrate and boost metabolism. It also helps in cleansing out the system. 2. Throughout Workout: Get the most out of your workout by sipping on water throughout the period of workout because losing just 2% of water through sweat can decrease the exercise performance by 25%. Keep a water bottle always during moderate to intense exercise activity. 3. After Workout: As we have mentioned previously too, with exercise, one tends to lose water through sweat and it thus becomes important to replenish lost water and also it helps to regulate body temperature and heart rate back to the normal.
2. Half an Hour Before Meal: We have talked about water preloading which helps down calorie intake by a good degree. Drinking a glass of water before a meal can make you feel full with less food and prevent overeating. Read more about “Water Preloading” and its important with regards to weight loss in this post.
3. Along with High-Fiber Food: We all know eating high-fiber food is great to lose weight, but did you know, for the fiber to function correctly, it needs a good amount of water. Drinking water with high-fiber food aids digestion, avoid constipation, and increases better absorption of nutrients.
4. Before Going to Bed – It is believed that drinking a glass of cold water before hitting the bed helps to burn more calories compared to drinking warm water. It also helps to level out blood and prevent heart attacks and the best thing is that it helps you sleep better.
If there’s one golden rule you should absolutely follow if you are trying to lose weight – it’s “drink at least 8 glasses of water each day!” There’s hardly any dispute that drinking water throughout the day helps with weight loss. Plain water affects fat loss in more ways than one – it helps to The post Best Times to Drink Water to Speed Up Weight Loss appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.