Everyone says all fruits and veggies are great to shed extra fat, but then, deliberately shun out bananas when embarking on a weight loss journey. If you have been skipping bananas just because of the popular myth that it leads to weight gain, you are missing out on so many essential nutrients that comes packed in a single piece of this fruit. Banana is often considered a high glycemic index fruit, which means it is believed to raise blood sugar relatively quickly; however, unknown to many, a medium ripe banana has a moderate glycemic index of 51 to 55, compared to watermelon (thought to be a weight-loss friendly fruit) which has a glycemic index of 72! Also, consider this – a medium sized banana can have up to 105 calories, but most of those calories have high nutritional value. Also, raw bananas (used in many cuisines across India in curry form) have resistant starch with prebiotic benefits, absolutely great for gut health. Banana can be considered a wholesome food with a great source of vitamins, fiber, and so many trace minerals. It would be a blunder to leave out such a nutrient-rich fruit from your daily diet just because you are trying to lose weight. However, if you want to know different ways to eat bananas in a weight loss diet, do check out the various diet programs on the Rati Beauty app that includes healthy, wholesome, and nutritious food like bananas in their weight loss diets to help you lose inches as well as drop pounds.
Benefits of Eating Banana Every Single Day:
1. High in potassium that helps boost metabolism, helps to build muscle, reduces blood pressure, and treats water retention. It also helps relieve muscle cramps.
2. Bananas have tryptophan which is an essential amino acid, available only through food sources, that is needed for the synthesis of “serotonin,” a chemical in the brain that helps to elevate mood and reduce stress. And as well know, chronic stress (10 Tips to Lower Stress in order to Lose Weight) is directly linked to weight gain and inability to lose weight.
3. A Healthy Alternate to Curb Sweet Cravings: A fruit such as banana, that is chock-a-block with nutrients, is any day better than sweet and sugary candies and chocolates, which is a common choice to satisfy sweet cravings. A single banana can also leave you full with its high fiber content.
4. Makes for a Good Pre and Post Workout Meal: Bananas provide a quick boost of energy and you can motor through your workouts without feeling exhausted after having a whole banana. It also helps to replenish energy and electrolytes after a sweaty and intensive exercise routine. Since it’s rich in potassium, having a single banana can prevent cramps and muscle aches.
5. High Fiber Content: Bananas are rich in fiber, a nutrient which is so essential to lose weight. Fiber in food helps to curb appetite to a great extent by regulating the production of hunger hormone “ghrelin.” Fiber content also reduces one’s appetite by slowing the movement of food through the gut. Since fiber has low glycemic index, it also does not spike up insulin and thus reduces the chance of extra calories getting stored up as fat in the body. Fiber is an important category in a healthy diet because it helps to maintain a healthy digestive system, clears constipation, regulate blood sugar levels, improves overall health. A single banana can provide approximately 10% of your daily recommended fiber intake!
6. A medium ripe banana is also a good source of antioxidants.
7. The potassium bananas helps reduce water retention which aids weight loss.
8. Acts as a Bloat Blaster: A medium ripe banana can beat the bloat really well, just remember to take it 15 minutes before a meal.
Nutritional Value of Banana:
Rich in trace minerals like potassium, magnesium and in vitamins such as vitamin B6, vitamin C. It also has copper and manganese. As we have already mentioned above, bananas are an amazing source of fiber. Fructose and glucose are the naturally-occurring sugars in banana.
6 Clever Ways To Eat Bananas in a Weight Loss Diet:
1. Breakfast with Oats and Banana: Oatmeal is a staple ingredient in weight loss diets, but a majority of people find plain oats to be bland; however, adding bananas to the oats can add sweetness, more nutrients, and creaminess to the most unexciting breakfast on the planet. Banana can replace honey and sugar in ots with its natural sweetness. Also, you can check most delicious way to eat your oatmeal along with bananas on the Rati Beauty weight loss diets on the Rati Beauty app.
2. Raw Banana Curry: Raw banana or plantains have low glycemic index and resistant starch, and is used in different cuisines across India. From making masala curry to raw banana kofta, to raw banana fritters – the options to make this fiber-rich fruit is just endless.
3. Weight Loss Smoothie: You can replace an entire meal with yummy fruit-rich smoothies. To make a simple smoothie, blend two medium ripe bananas with almond milk. Pour it into a glass and add in 1 tbsp of peanut butter. Top it up with fresh strawberries, almonds, and walnuts. Your healthy and yummy meal is ready!
4. Banana Pancakes: You can make pancakes by replacing refined flour with whole wheat flour, and then add in milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and bananas to make the batter and to flip out healthy pancakes from the pan!
5. To Make Raw Whey Protein Powder Palatable: We often wonder how to make that absolutely bland and unappetizing raw whey protein palatable – here’s the solution – make a smoothie by adding bananas and protein powder together to add natural sweetness and flavour. You can also add a bit of coffee powder to get that caffeine boost.
6. To Make Plain Greek Yogurt Flavourful: Not many would like the taste of plain yogurt, but as we all know, Greek yogurt is a good source of protein and prebiotics, both factors necessary for weight loss, and to add flavour and sweetness, just slice up one or two ripe bananas, and eat a healthy tub of yogurt.
Summing up, there’s no need to avoid bananas if you are on a weight loss diet. As with all healthy foods, moderation is still the key, just one or two medium-sized bananas would never derail your weight loss efforts.
Everyone says all fruits and veggies are great to shed extra fat, but then, deliberately shun out bananas when embarking on a weight loss journey. If you have been skipping bananas just because of the popular myth that it leads to weight gain, you are missing out on so many essential nutrients that comes packed The post 6 Clever Ways To Eat Bananas in a Weight Loss Diet appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.