Losing a certain amount of weight this year is right there at the top on most people’s New Year’s resolution list. Don’t be disheartened if even with your continuous efforts, the weighing scale isn’t budging in your favour, because there are other more important non-scale victories that you may actually not be noticing. In this post, we would like to draw your attention towards those victories so that you can cut the obsession with weighing scale. Getting fixated on fluctuating numbers on the scale can leave you disappointed and demotivated because it only shows limited progress, making you ignore other positive changes that have happened both internally and externally. Yes, the weighing scale does show overall weight loss, but then the scale does not distinguish between water weight, water retention, bloating, or muscle gain (which is a great thing), and that’s why it’s important to look towards other non-scale measurements that indicate weight loss progress. Being aware of these victories and celebrating them can boost your confidence and motivate you to keep going, work hard, and get to a healthier version of yourself. In this post, we have listed some non scale victories that prove that you are losing weight.
1. More Confidence and Improved Self Esteem: People who have lost a considerable amount of weight have admitted that losing weight has given them more confidence and improved their self esteem by a great degree. Weight loss is not about looking a certain size or shape, it’s about feeling good internally too, and that’s where you gain the confidence from.
2. Clothes Would Fit Better: Yes, now there’s no need to look for plus size clothing because you can fit into “normal” sized clothes and that old jeans that you have been saving since forever, finally fits perfectly without the buttons practicing social distancing from each other.
3. More Energy to do things: Regular chores which were painful and too exhausting to do till yesterday, are effortless to perform now. You no longer feel tired carrying a bag of grocery or huff and puff going up the stairs.
4. Face No Longer Looks Puffy: Since you have cut down on sodium and sugar, the body no longer retains water, and that’s why no more waking up with a puffy face.
6. You are proud of “before and after” Pictures: Rather than cringing looking at your old pics, you would feel proud of how far you have come, and looking at “before and after” pics and posting them on social media would motivate you to drop a few more extra pounds.
7. Love taking Selfies Now: You have to admit it, you now like clicking more and more selfies. In fact, we recommend clicking selfies during the whole weight loss process to record progress because such a practice will motivate you to work harder on yourself.
8. You don’t get that Hungry Now: Since the body has started to burn stored fat, you will face less hunger pangs. Also, cutting down sugar would also have lowered frequent cravings for unhealthy food.
9. Not Waking up Hangry: Since your hormones are no longer out of whack, and hunger hormone “ghrelin” and “insulin” at are optimum levels, you no longer wake up “hangry” (hunger + angry).
10. You Now Wear Belt Tighter: Have you noticed how the waist size has reduced over the weeks and now you need to wear the belt a little more tightly than earlier?
11. No Bloating or Constipation: The biggest bonus of losing weight the healthy way is a robust gut, which solves the problem of bloating, constipation, and other digestive issues. This happens because you have upped the intake of fiber, drinking at least 8 glasses of water, and have been eating gut-friendly food.
12. Better Decision Making Skills: Various studies have established that losing weight by healthy means such as by lowering sugar helps improve the decision-making process.
13. Improved Quality of Sleep: Good quality sleep is linked to weight loss and likewise, weight loss is linked to better sleep.
14. Better Concentration and Mood: When you eat healthy and exercise on a regular basis, it helps the release of “happy hormones” such as endorphins.
15. Better Hormonal Profile: As we have mentioned earlier, when we lose weight, various hormones come back to their optimum levels, and we are specifically talking about insulin, leptin, ghrelin, and stress hormone “cortisol.”
16. Better Skin Texture: Since you would have cut down added sugar by a great degree, it will have an amazing reaction on your skin because insulin spikes caused by high refined sugar in the body causes inflammation of skin which leads to premature ageing, wrinkles, acne, and uneven skin tone.
17. No More Joint Pain: All that excess weight causes added strain on the knee joints, and with reduced weight, you would experience less pain with movement.
18. You are saving a lot of Money: Making your own meals, eating less processed food, cutting out junk food – have you been counting extra money at the end of every month?
Have you been noticing these changes in you? If yes, do remember to celebrate these small victories by pampering yourself, buying a new dress, or getting a salon treatment, do whatever makes you happy and better
Losing a certain amount of weight this year is right there at the top on most people’s New Year’s resolution list. Don’t be disheartened if even with your continuous efforts, the weighing scale isn’t budging in your favour, because there are other more important non-scale victories that you may actually not be noticing. In this The post 18 Non-Scale Victories that Prove you Are Losing Weight appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.