Acne/pimples is a common skin concern and although we are aware that greasy and fried foods can aggravate acne situation, there are certain foods that help to reduce acne flareups, so that you can sport clearer and better skin all the time. You can spend insane amount of money on expensive anti-acne products, but if the diet is not taken care of, acne and breakouts would continue to show up nevertheless. So, here’s the list of certain food items that can reduce acne flareups.
1. Celery: Scores of people vouch for the efficacy of celery juice in reducing acne, most of them say it works in less than 12 days. Celery juice is credited with detoxifying properties and in fighting streptococcus infections. It also reduces inflammation and boosts weight loss. 2. Lemon: Drinking a warm glass of lemon water in the morning flushes out toxins and helps in clearing breakouts too with its high vitamin C content.
3. Strawberries: Strawberries also are a rich source of vitamin C that help lower inflammation and reduces breakouts.
4. Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3 fatty acids from natural sources like fish, tofu, walnuts, almonds, flaxseeds, etc., are not only great for weight loss, it can fight inflammation and infection as well, and balance out the production of sebum as well. 4. Papaya: Enzymes such as chymopapain and papain found in papaya decrease the level of inflammation and these also have an exfoliating effect that clears out dead skin cells and clogged pores, reducing the chance of acne flareup.
5. Quinoa: The vitamin B3 level along with high protein content calms down irritated skin and helps repair the skin barrier to prevent future breakouts.
6. Oats: Oatmeal regulates blood sugar levels and improves digestion – and both of these factors contribute majorly to reduce inflammation and acne breakouts. 7. Apples: Don’t peel or juice the apples the next time around because apples have a compound called pectin which reduces breakouts and pimples. 8. Carrots: The rich beta-carotene (a form of vitamin A) is hugely beneficial in preventing acne. 9. Salmon: With its high omega-3 fatty acids, this is a fish that lowers inflammation and fights infections too. 10. Dark Chocolate: Surprised!? Yes, dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants, zinc, and other minerals that fight off acne bacteria and you can get clear out your skin by just nibbling on one or two square of dark chocolate each day. 11. Onion/Garlic: Selenium, a trace mineral found in onion and garlic, helps lower the inflammation level and preserve the elasticity of the skin. Do add them to your diet on a daily basis. 12. Beetroot: If you want to sport clear skin without investing in expensive creams or ointments, then do make it a point to make yourself a glass of beetroot juice along with carrot, both of which have detoxifying and antioxidant properties that fight free radicals and cleanse the body from within. 13. Pumpkin seeds: These seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, and zinc and they reduce the appearance of cystic acne as well. 14. Green Leafy Vegetables: Whether you want to clear acne or not, green leafy vegetables should be in your everyday diet because they are loaded with vitamin A, E, iron, zinc, and other minerals which effectively fight inflammation and improve the texture and quality of skin.
15. Yogurt: Rich in probiotics, various studies have linked daily consumption of yogurt to reduction in oiliness and breakouts. However, if you are allergic to dairy products, you can apply it topically too to reap the benefits of this amazing ingredient.
Last not the least, drink loads of water because dehydration can aggravate all types of skin issues including acne. Also, if you want to lose weight by eating the right kind of food, do check out Rati Beauty weekly diets on the Rati Beauty app.
50 Best Moisturisers for Oily Acne Prone Skin
10 Best Creams for Acne Scars and Dark Circles
The post 15 Foods That Help Reduce Acne Flare Ups appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.
Acne/pimples is a common skin concern and although we are aware that greasy and fried foods can aggravate acne situation, there are certain foods that help to reduce acne flareups, so that you can sport clearer and better skin all the time. You can spend insane amount of money on expensive anti-acne products, but if The post 15 Foods That Help Reduce Acne Flare Ups appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.