Extremely frizzy hair with split ends are considered signs of damaged hair, but brittle and excessively dry hair are also some other signs that need attention. So, if you have fried your hair using a straightener without using a heat protectant or if you just kept that hair color for too long, the damage has already been done, and now you have to find ways to fix dry, frizzy, and damaged hair. So, here’s how you can reverse the damage to get back the lustre, shine, and sheen in your tresses.
1. Deeply Condition Hair: Your damaged hair needs more than usual dose of moisture and nutrients. You need to do deep conditioning treatments at least once or twice a week for three months for visible results. Choose a rich conditioner or hair mask containing the ultra-moisturizing fatty acid known as ‘cetyl alcohol’. Some good options you may wish to look at are Kerastase Masquintense Conditioner, L’oreal Intense Repair, Kerastase Nutritive Hair Mask or Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask. You can also pick an effective homemade deep conditioning hair masks from this list (10 Homemade Deep Conditioning Hair Masks).
2. Hot Oil Treatment: Making a blend of olive oil + primrose oil is an excellent method to restore the damaged follicle and add shine to the hair. In half a cup of warm olive oil, mix 1-2 slit capsules of evening primrose oil and use as a hot oil treatment once a week. Wrap your head in a towel drenched in hot water to let the pores open and allow the oil to seep in further. Primrose oil stimulates fresh hair growth so that you can grow out your damaged hair. Olive oil helps with the same goal and also softens, moisturizes and adds extra shine to your already damaged tresses.
3. Vitamin E and Coconut Oil Mask: Extract the contents from 2 vitamin E capsules and add it to ½ cup of pure coconut oil. You can also add 2 tbsp of olive oil to this blend. Warm the oil a bit and massage all over the scalp and hair.
4. Pure aloe vera gel may be applied to the scalp and hair shafts to reconstruct the hair structure and repair damage from within.
5. Egg and Coconut Oil Mask: Take an egg yolk, 2 tbsp coconut oil, and add in 1 tbsp honey. Blend the ingredients well. Apply all over hair and scalp. Rinse with a herbal shampoo.
6. Avoid Chemical Processing and Heat Styling: Avoid heat styling and chemical relaxants on the hair till the hair regains its sheen and shine.
7. Use a Heat Protectant Before Styling your Hair: Heat/thermal protectant is absolutely a must-have if you regularly curl, perm, blow dry, straighten, crimp or use tongs, straightening irons, or curling rods at high temperatures. Though styled hair looks awesome, extreme heat can cause a lot of damage. Heat protectants form a layer on hair strands that act as a shield against high temperature. Thermal protectant products are available in various forms like spray, mousse, gel, serum, etc. If you do not use heat protection on your before styling, it can lead to frizzy, coarse, dry hair with split ends and breakage. Here’s a list of 15 Best Heat Protection Hair Sprays Available in India that’s worth checking out.
8. Switch to Natural Hair Dyes To Cover White Hair: Some natural ingredients can help you cover up any grey in your hair. These are wonderful, beneficial and inexpensive options for all those who want to stay away from the chemical-laden hair colours available in the market. Let’s take a look at these all-natural ingredients that work amazingly well as hair dyes.
9. Trim it Up: The most effective way to get rid of hair damage is to chop off the damaged ends. If a shorter hairstyle is acceptable to you, go for it by all means. You will be cutting off a load of trouble along with your chopped off hair by actually reducing the quantity of damage you carry around on your head. Shorter hair is also easier to care for and it is simpler control damage-induced hair fall. If you don’t want to do this, go for regular trims every 3 weeks and cut off the damaged shafts little by little as hair length keeps growing. This way you don’t have to sacrifice the appearance you are used to. Keeping the trims frequent and using the above steps will ensure new growth to happen faster.
10. Nourish your Hair: Our hair sometimes needs extra nutrients, especially when it has been damaged. The best way to get these is to switch to healthy diets, such as on Rati Beauty app. Also, get plenty of lean proteins, plenty of vitamin A, E, C, B-complex (of which biotin is the most important) and zinc. You can take an all-inclusive supplement of ayurvedic or allopathic composition. While this may not reverse damaged hair, it will boost new growth and allow you to grow out the damage faster. Read more about Important Vitamins and Nutrients For Healthy Hair.
Important Vitamins and Nutrients For Healthy Hair
8 Ways To Use Vitamin E Capsules For Skin and Hair
The post 10 Tips to Fix Damaged Hair appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.
Extremely frizzy hair with split ends are considered signs of damaged hair, but brittle and excessively dry hair are also some other signs that need attention. So, if you have fried your hair using a straightener without using a heat protectant or if you just kept that hair color for too long, the damage has The post 10 Tips to Fix Damaged Hair appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.