Bloating can be a killjoy for people who want to sport a flat belly; none of us would like to strut around like a pufferfish with a bloated tummy. People get that dreaded bloat when there’s a build up of gas in the tummy and intestines, and there’s a tight and uncomfortable feeling as a result. For some people, fighting the bloat is an everyday struggle and the “stuffed up” feeling is not easy to get rid of. Herbal remedies, especially teas can help to bring down the bloat by relaxing muscles in the stomach, reducing inflammation, so that your tummy looks flatter. So, in this post, we have compiled 10 herbal teas that help to reduce bloating.
What is Bloating?
When certain food types aren’t digested properly in the stomach, they start to ferment in the gut resulting in excessive production of gas, leading to bloating. In some other cases, inflammation of the colon is a major reason. As we have mentioned earlier, bloating a buildup of gas in the tummy, intestines, and colon. From gluten allergy to carbonated beverages, there are n number of factors that can trigger the bloat. It’s a feeling of “stuffiness,” tightness, and even cramps in the stomach. Take a look at some factors that can trigger bloating:
1. Overeating. 2. Too much salt in the diet. 3. Drinking aerated beverages. 4. Periods. 5. Dairy products. 6. Consumption of legumes, beans, and certain cruciferous vegetables. 7. Refined carbs.
8. Gluten allergy.
As mentioned earlier, check out these herbal teas that can reduce inflammation and reduce the bloat.
10 Herbal Teas to Reduce Bloating:
1. Ginger Tea: Ginger is extensively used to boost digestion and that’s because it has compounds called as gingerols with anti-inflammatory effects that helps to relieve bloating, stomach pain, and also works as a digestive aid.
2. Peppermint Tea: Peppermint relaxes stomach muscles, improves digestion, reduces bloating and cramps. It also helps to release the trapped gas from the intestines.
3. Chamomile Tea: This tea is popular as a herbal remedy to reduce insomnia, but it has other benefits as well, one of them being to reduce bloating and inflammation.
4. Fennel Tea: Fennel helps the body to produce more bile so that fats are broken down much better and there are lesser chances of bloating. It also acts as a diuretic, reducing water retention.
5. Green Tea: Rich in antioxidants, green tea can boost digestion, reduce water retention and bloating as well.
6. Caraway Tea: Made from a popular Indian spice, caraway tea is the answer to all digestive issues like indigestion, gas, bloating, and even heartburn.
7. Ginger, Lemon and Honey Tea: A combination of these three potent ingredients reduces bloating and promotes healthy digestion.
8. Dandelion Tea: This tea acts as a diuretic and also relieves bloating.
9. Gentian Root: It has antioxidants and flavonoids that reduce inflammation, and trigger the release of digestive juices and bile to help that helps to break down food and reduce the amount of bloat.
10. Turmeric Tea: The amazing anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric clears digestive issues and reduces bloating as well.
Bloating can be a killjoy for people who want to sport a flat belly; none of us would like to strut around like a pufferfish with a bloated tummy. People get that dreaded bloat when there’s a build up of gas in the tummy and intestines, and there’s a tight and uncomfortable feeling as a The post 10 Herbal Teas to Reduce Bloating appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.